This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Renaming security groups

Hello all-

I've got a situation where I've got to provision 18 security groups in the target for a specific application. Of the 18, 9 had already been created in the target by another migration session months ago and used by another site. All 9 that already existed in the target would fail to copy over. The 9 that did NOT exist in the target, copied correctly.

My issue is that I need to separately copy these source groups into the target and prefix their names with "GEFL_". I created an import file doing just that - source samaccountname, target samaccountname and name as my header as "name" will change the CN.

When I run the copy job on the objects that did not copy the first time, zero objects are copied. The job log doesn't give me any errors nor does the DSA log. (attached)

Here is a sample of my delimited input file. The source group is called "CIP Key Management" and I want the target object to be "GEFL_CIP Management". The CN should change

samAccountName samAccountName Name
CIP Key Management GEFL_CIP Key Management GEFL_CIP Key Management

As always, thanks in advance for any insight into this.

Eric

Parents Reply Children
No Data