This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrate users only, not groups

I have a group that wants to migrate only the users and workstations from Source to Target. They then want to build new servers and groups in the Target instead of migrating "junk" to the new domain. I've advised them it is best to clean up their groups (junk) prior to migration and migrate the groups with the users. But they figure they can simply rely on Sidhistory for gaining access to Source domain resources w/o bothering with group migration. They are not using synchronization (migration only).

This seems like a lot of extra work to me but they really want to go this route. Are there any gotchas to this approach of migrating users only and leaving groups behind; besides of course the extra work of manually building and permissioning new servers in the target with new groups?

Parents
  • You know Jeff, the issue you articulated literally dawned on me just after a discussion I had with them. It's so obvious now that's it's a little embarrassing. Thanks for verifying what my gut's been screaming at me for days.
  • You know Jeff, the issue you articulated literally dawned on me just after a discussion I had with them. It's so obvious now that's it's a little embarrassing. Thanks for verifying what my gut's been screaming at me for days.
Children
No Data