This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RUM and 2008 R2 clusters

Hello all-

This is an intra-forest domain consolidation (child into parent).

My customer has an active/passive 2008R2 cluster in their source domain.

I understand that we cannot migrate the cluster per Microsoft and Quest. My concern is co-existence once systems and users are migrated to the target domain.

I RUM'd both members of the cluster individually per various Quest articles but I noticed that no target users or target security groups were added to the various shares etc.. I've issued another RUM instance but as it takes about 8 hours to complete, I wanted to be sure that I am doing this correctly. I should be able to just process the shares and folders as normal. I just can't (or at least it's strongly advised not to) migrate the cluster.

I appreciate any assistance. I start production migrations on Monday and unless I can't get this resolved, I'll have to manually provision ACLs.

Thanks,

Eric

• Hi Eric,

From a support standpoint, we recommend the entire cluster be rebuilt. Since the tool can't be used against clusters since the increased dependency on Active Directory Directory Services. Some of our Consultants might be able to chime in a bit, but that's all I can say from a support standpoint.

support.quest.com/.../70575
  • Hello Chris,
    Yes, I do know that a rebuild would be required but I'm not migrating the source cluster. I'm just trying to permission it with the RUM during co-existence. According to other Quest docs, I should just be able to RUM each node individually. That is not working. No folders/shares/files are stamped with target credentials. I've opened a ticket with Quest (#418223). Tried Vmover locally as well as processing without agents with the same results. Uploaded debug logs to ticket if you are interested.
  • Eric

Share, etc is too vague. What exactly got did you expect to get repermissioned? What got repermissioned? What failed to be repermissioned?