This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Quest secure dell copy not completing the copy

Hello Everyone, 

I am using the quest dell secure copy tool to do a data migration. The total data is about 1.1TB but the copy job is copying upto 450 GB and sending out a confirmation that the job is successfully processed. I ran it few times and it is stopping specifically  at a specific  folder. I have looked into that folder and saw it was empty so thought that since the directory was empty the tool was thinking it was done. So i have create a script to find all the empty folders and copy a test text file. But it doesnt help as well now it is still stopping at the same folder and sending a confirmation that the job completed successfully. 

Has anyone seen this type of behavior  or have any suggestion or setting that i need to check

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

RK

• Hello RK,

What version of Secure Copy are you using? If you are using 7.3, I can send you an update for the Filter feature.

Follow the steps below:

Open the Secure Copy console.
    Expand the job.
    Select "Filters".
    Check 'Include/Exclude folders'.
    Add the name of the problem folder or the UNC path.
    Select option to "Exclude folder names".
    Save the job.
    Run the job and confirm if all of the data is migrated except for the problem empty folder.