This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Delta sync don't sync E-mail attribute

Hi,

We are doing Dir Sync between two domains of AD. Initial sync has been completed and Delta sync runs as usual according to default settings of 15 min. But when we did change in one user's email address attribute in source AD , the same has not replicated to target domain's user.  Just wanted to know if this is by design or there is something we need to check technically.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or resolution.

• What attribute did you modify?

Most of the attributes listed below will not actually be synchronized when allowed to sync. However they are required to be available during the time when DSA is working on temporary object in memory before applying it to the target environment:
    cn
    groupType
    homeMDB
    homeMTA
    legacyExchangeDN
    mail
    mailNickname
    msExchHomeServerName
    msExchMailboxGuid
    msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor
    msExchMasterAccountSid
    msExchPoliciesExcluded
    msExchPoliciesIncluded
    msExchUserAccountControl
    name
    objectClass
    objectGUID
    objectSid
    proxyAddresses
    sAMAccountName
    targetAddress
    textEncodedOrAddress
    userAccountControl
    whenChanged
    If all target objects exist prior to synchronization, it is possible to also skip "samAccountName" and name attributes.
  • Thanks Cris for your immediate response. I am talking about mail attribute, which is in your list.
    Is there any reason why tool don't allow these attributes to sync in Delta sync task?
    I also wanted to clarify that these many attributes don't allow to sync in Delta Sync only, Full sync anyways sync all attributes..right?
    Please let me also know if we can update modified mail attribute in source domain to target domain during delta sync.
    Thanks.
  • Not all the attributes in that list are synchronized. They can't be skipped because of how they are used to create mailboxes in the target.

The "Mail" attribute is not synchronized. Here is a KB that discusses it in more detail.

support.quest.com/.../24921