This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inter-forest migration, workstations require 2 reboots

Hello all-

I've just inherited an inter-forest migration scenario from another consultant. Most everything looks to be in order but there is one strange thing. 

When I migrate my test systems, I set the reboot timer for 20 minutes (account for replication) and upon reboot and initial logon, I get the following error:

"The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship"

I'm very familiar with SPN Uniqueness especially with a child to parent migration but I've never seen this going cross forest. So far, with the 3 test systems I'm playing with, another reboot fixes the issue. When the machine is moved, I choose to remove from the source domain and the SPNs for HOST and RestrictedKRBHost are generated on the target computer object. The 2nd reboot adds the other SPNs that allow logon.

I don't think this is a RUM/QMMAD issue but I was hoping someone has run into this in the past.

As always, thanks in advance for any advice or feedback.

Regards,

Eric