This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RPC error copying Sid

I'm getting an RPC error in the DSA log during the sidhistory copy process. I have 2 source domains with identical pre-requisites configured but one of them will not copy sidhistory. I've only seen sid copying errors when sidhistory and sid filtering aren't properly configured on the trusts but the migration tool says that. I've never seen it reference an RPC error. The strange part is I can connect to the source DC to perform the migration itself. The RPC error is thrown only during the sidhistory copy portion of the job.

Here's the log data:

SIDHistory Switch (native API), binding to target DC 'ad2.somedomain.edu’ (user: 'qmm-svc@somedomain.edu' ; domain: 'somedomain.edu')...

SIDHistory Switch (native API), loading native SIDHistory functions...

SIDHistory Switch (native API), loading native SIDHistory functions completed successfully.

SIDHistory Switch (native API), using account 'qmm-svc@somedomain.edu'.

SIDHistory Switch (native API), using account 'qmm-svc@somedomain.edu'.

SIDHistory Switch (native API), binding completed successfully.

SIDHistory Switch (native API), adding SIDHistory for target security principal 'TestGroup4' (domain 'somedomain.edu') with the following source security principal: 'TestGroup4' (domain: ‘otherdomain.edu' ; DC: 'ad1.otherdomain.edu')...

SIDHistory Switch (native API), adding SIDHistory failed: 0x6ba.

Error 0x800706ba. The RPC server is unavailable.

Parents
  • I had to open a ticket with Quest support for this one and they passed along an internal KB article that helped us solve the problem. Simply put, the source domain DC was blocking RPC traffic from the target DC, even though we could telnet on port 135 from target to source. Once the network admin in the source domain allowed any - any between the target and source, the problem automagically went away and sidhistory successfully copied from source to target.
  • I had to open a ticket with Quest support for this one and they passed along an internal KB article that helped us solve the problem. Simply put, the source domain DC was blocking RPC traffic from the target DC, even though we could telnet on port 135 from target to source. Once the network admin in the source domain allowed any - any between the target and source, the problem automagically went away and sidhistory successfully copied from source to target.
Children
No Data