This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generic item processing errors

Hello I am seeing some errors in the most recent error section for my MAGE migrations. I am seeing Generic Item processing error with a long number value. it also says the Exchange servers response does not match the number of items for which uploading was attempted (36). I searched the KB and there is nothing about this error. I see it with different numbers too. Are these lost messages? Is there an easy way to determine if messages were not copied?  Thank you

Parents
  • Chris

Your issue is got to be different. 2003 to 2007 is supported by the Legacy Agents and the issue in this thread is supported by the Mail Agents for Exchange (MAgE).

From a data Loss standpoint, your customer has accepted data loss by running an MS unsupported messaging platform. April 8, 2014, Microsoft ended extended support for Exchange 2003. Additionally the most common issue for data loss is database corruption. Most Administrators do not properly maintain 2003 databases. They need to be defragmented from time to time. A Lazy way to defrag a mailbox is to move it to another server/database/

Corrupted data create corrupted items in the message failure counts. This is data that was lost long ago, but only known now.

You should work your SR with support.
  • Chris

Your issue is got to be different. 2003 to 2007 is supported by the Legacy Agents and the issue in this thread is supported by the Mail Agents for Exchange (MAgE).

From a data Loss standpoint, your customer has accepted data loss by running an MS unsupported messaging platform. April 8, 2014, Microsoft ended extended support for Exchange 2003. Additionally the most common issue for data loss is database corruption. Most Administrators do not properly maintain 2003 databases. They need to be defragmented from time to time. A Lazy way to defrag a mailbox is to move it to another server/database/

Corrupted data create corrupted items in the message failure counts. This is data that was lost long ago, but only known now.

You should work your SR with support.
Children
No Data