This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Netvault Data Copy Questions | Version 11.0.0.52

Hello there! 

I need some help guys, will try and be descriptive as possible: 

I have 10 tapes with a minimum capacity of 15tb (1.5TB each and 3TB with compression)
I want to data copy the deduped sets which are roughly 12tb in total
I want to know if the data copy copies the deduped backup set to tape

Reason being I see on the tapes it is showing the non-deduped size of the backup sets once the copy to tape is done
I really don't think that the data is being taken back to it's original form/size and then copied over
I would just like to confirm/have my sanity checked here.

If anything is not clear or some clarity is needed please don't hesitate to ask a question! 

Thanks a mil in advance! 

Rogan

Parents
  • Hi Graham,

That is 12TB post dedupe so yes all the data will not fit on the tapes unfortunately, we have an estimate of what the data size is pre-dedupe and was a big part of gettingt the DR4300 and netvault, next challenge now is more tapes and a faster tape device :D

Thanks for the info!

Cheers
  • Hi Graham,

That is 12TB post dedupe so yes all the data will not fit on the tapes unfortunately, we have an estimate of what the data size is pre-dedupe and was a big part of gettingt the DR4300 and netvault, next challenge now is more tapes and a faster tape device :D

Thanks for the info!

Cheers
Children
No Data