This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

List files in a specific saveset

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the list of files in a specific saveset in Netvault 10.0.5? When I create a restore job with that saveset, it presents a full snapshot of all the files I can restore as at the date of that saveset, but I want a list of the files in that specific saveset only.

The reason is, one particular incremental saveset was ~6 times the size of the ones before and after, and I'm trying to work out what exactly got backed up that made it so much larger.

Thanks,

- Ben

Parents
  • Hi Ben,
    When you create a saveset in NetVault, it is always an original saveset for a Full backup, which means, when you create an incremental backup, you are loading that same saveset that was created for the Full.
    So, when you view this saveset, you are seeing the entirety of what you selected in the Full saveset. And when you view the the restore for the incremental, you are still seeing the the full saveset, plus the changes since the last backup.
    A good way to compare would be to view the saveset via restore for the backup before it grew exponentially and see what changed.
  • Hi Ben,
    When you create a saveset in NetVault, it is always an original saveset for a Full backup, which means, when you create an incremental backup, you are loading that same saveset that was created for the Full.
    So, when you view this saveset, you are seeing the entirety of what you selected in the Full saveset. And when you view the the restore for the incremental, you are still seeing the the full saveset, plus the changes since the last backup.
    A good way to compare would be to view the saveset via restore for the backup before it grew exponentially and see what changed.
Children
No Data