This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install 11.2 for pure 64 instead of upgrade. How to retrieve all config settings from prior 10.0 installation?

Hi,

According to documentation, there is no path from a hybrid linux server to a pure 64 server. So, following the upgrade, you backup the NVDB and then save the current 10.0 server and then install the new 11.2 pure server. Once this is done. Is there a way to easily retrieve all the selection sets, job definitions, etc from the old instance and copy to the new one other than copying screen shots from webui of prior instance?

Thanks,

Henry

Parents
  • Hi Henry,

The procedure would have to be done via the following method.
    1. Backup current NetVault DB
    2. Upgrade to Hybrid NetVault Server 11.2
    3. Backup NVDB again with 11.2 Hybrid
    4. Uninstall Hybrid Linux Server 11.2
    5. Install NV 11.2 Pure 64 build
    6. Restore NVDB using the NVDB Restore Procedure from the NetVault Built-In Plugin Users Guide.

Note: I would proceed with the normal instructions for doing the NVDB restore,  but I would advise against restoring the "Configuration."

This will require you to enter any thing that may have been configured such as "Network Manager, Firewall, Transfer Buffer and Block sizes, etc..."

So just be sure to take screen shots of those if you have them set.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

• Hi Henry,

The procedure would have to be done via the following method.
    1. Backup current NetVault DB
    2. Upgrade to Hybrid NetVault Server 11.2
    3. Backup NVDB again with 11.2 Hybrid
    4. Uninstall Hybrid Linux Server 11.2
    5. Install NV 11.2 Pure 64 build
    6. Restore NVDB using the NVDB Restore Procedure from the NetVault Built-In Plugin Users Guide.

Note: I would proceed with the normal instructions for doing the NVDB restore,  but I would advise against restoring the "Configuration."

This will require you to enter any thing that may have been configured such as "Network Manager, Firewall, Transfer Buffer and Block sizes, etc..."

So just be sure to take screen shots of those if you have them set.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Children
No Data