This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update password for backup_user

Hello,

We are attempting to change the password for backup_user to connect to our FluidFS device, an FS8600.  Because we need to backup some new volumes I needed to create a new backup save set.  In doing so we realized that we did not remember the current password for backup_user. 

We have now changed the password on the FS8600 appliance and can no longer connect to it from our Netvault NDMP  client.  When trying to browse to the volumes I receive "Unable to determine type of server".  We have now attempted a couple of password changes and are totally locked out.

Suggestions needed on what to do next since we are currently backing up production data from this device!

Netvault 11.2,  FluidFS 5.0,  NDMP Client 10.0.5.12 with service pack v5.82

Thanks,

Kathy Faella

University of Rhode Island

• Hi Kathy, this normally requires changing the password on the FS8600 and then removing and re-adding the filer via the NDMP Plugin and adding it back with the username and password. In addition, you may need to re-enable NDMP on the Filer as well.
    In any case, I am working with you on this case in a NetVault SR - so we can direct any further communication through that channel.