This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Verification incredibly slow but backup is fast

Hi, 

I run a backup job that is about ~7TB, the backup job runs fast and even reaches over a gbps at times but when I run the verification it is painfully slow and stays at 16mbps :\ terrible. I have tried restarting the server/device. I have tried changing the settings to run the verification on the client and I still get the same. Running a verify job at 16mbps on 7TB of data is painful. 

Any ideas? Anyone had this before? 

Thanks a mil. 

Rogan

Parents
  • Thanks Andre and rbrehm. We are backing up to a DR4300 device and what is strange is that the verification process on this specific job used to be fast. I never really monitored those speeds as the backup and verify jobs would be done in less than a day. I saw the job started running for more than a day and then after 3 days I had a look and saw these speeds, tested again and got the same. I will have to disable verification for now.

Verification on other big jobs are normal, not as fast as backup speeds but decent and not at a constant slow speed either.

Thanks for the responses.

Rogan
  • Thanks Andre and rbrehm. We are backing up to a DR4300 device and what is strange is that the verification process on this specific job used to be fast. I never really monitored those speeds as the backup and verify jobs would be done in less than a day. I saw the job started running for more than a day and then after 3 days I had a look and saw these speeds, tested again and got the same. I will have to disable verification for now.

Verification on other big jobs are normal, not as fast as backup speeds but decent and not at a constant slow speed either.

Thanks for the responses.

Rogan
Children
No Data