This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Question using NDMP to backup mulitple volumes on a FluidFS device.

Hello,

Am trying to backup mulitple volumes of a Dell FS8600 (FluidFS).  I am running a full (level 0) dump once a month and level 1-7 on the other days.  Because multiple volumes are involed, Netvault creates a stream for each volume.  The phase 1 (local backup) runs just fine.  However, the secondary copy being sent to our offsite location is giving me issues.  I use the Advanced Backup Options to create a Secondary Copy of the data.  In the past, when backing up 1 volume per job, the secondary copy would kick off as soon as the primary phase was completed.  In the case of these multitple streams that is not the case.  If I leave the Schedule Set on the default (cons sched full), the jobs run each day at 16:03 pm.  Not sure where the time came from.  They do complete successfully.  However, I would like to control when they are run.  I don't want to guess when the Phase 1 will finish, is there a way to specifiy "as soon as Phase 1 completes? "   The other issue I am having is that each of the phase two jobs does not run only one time as the single volume jobs did.  Instead, each one is rescheduled to do the same the next day at 16:03, on and on forever.  Of course, these all fail.

So, I need a little help with how to schedule the Phase 2 (secondary copy) of the backup at a specific time and for that secondary copy to run only once.  All help welcome.

Netvault 11.2,  FluidFS 5.0,  NDMP Client 10.0.5.12 with service pack v5.82

Kathy Faella

University of Rhode Island

• Hello Kathy,

I would open a case on this issue for further investigation. We would need to check to see if your 2nd phase jobs are setup to run Once (not repeating). And also set this to run "Immediate", if you wish to have the "In the past, when backing up 1 volume per job, the secondary copy would kick off as soon as the primary phase was completed".

The mentioned; <cons sched full>, if this is the name of the schedule set, sounds like you've loaded a schedule set into this job. That ,cons sched full. would not be a default schedule set

The default Schedule set is always setup to run "Immediate" and run "Once".

Typically we see the failure you describe when the 2nd phase schedule is set to "repeating".
    We only want to run the 2nd phase to run once after the first phase completes.

Edit the job to verify my findings based upon your information.

Thanks,

Scott K.