This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

restore VM from vcenter to another vcenter, both have hotadd clients

Netvault 11.3 Backup esxi environment with two VM's using hotadd. need to restore (MIGRATE) both Vm's to another vCenter environment (different hosts and storage) but also has hotadd client.

What is the correct settings for the restore using the plugin options? I have selected the VM server to restore, do i choose Vcenter or standalone esxi?

• Revise description: backup standalone esxi host (HostA) with 2 Vms using hotadd. Attempt to restore one VM to vCenter.domain.org which has two hosts (HostB and HostC). Create restore job, choose one VM, select VMware plugin restore options: alt resource pool path: /, alt datastore: Disk0, alt ESXi host 172.x.x.x (IP address of vSphere vCenter). job fails, but I now have a server folder in datastore Disk1 that is 0kb. What is the next step?
  • Hi Balonzo, do you have manage to restore the VM correctly ? If not, can you post more information, like the error you encounter.

Regards,
    bbes
  • It sounds like the restore failed, and left that empty container in the restore location. However, we would need to know what it failed with to better understand why.
    This question would be best suited as a case with NetVault support, or at the very least, you could attach a screenshot of the binary log of the failure.