This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Howto configure tape not being returned to library-slot after backup in NetVault 11.2

Why is the tape being used for backup returned to library-slot immediately after backup?

The "Media Request Details" for the jobs tell me, that "return media to slot on completion" is set to "NO".

I cannot find any parameter in the global settings to change this behaviour.

Any hints appreciated! :-)

Parents
  • Hi. This might be too late for you now, but there is an option in settings of the Tape Library that is likely what is unloading the media back to the slot.
    -Click your Library and Select "Modify"
    -Within the "Library Configuration" screen, click on Library Arm again and select "Configure"
    -Option is "Return inactive media to slot delay [0=never] (secs)"
    -You can set this to ZERO to keep the library from unloading the tape back to the slot.

That should do the trick. Let me know if it helps if you are still trying to crack this one.
  • Hi. This might be too late for you now, but there is an option in settings of the Tape Library that is likely what is unloading the media back to the slot.
    -Click your Library and Select "Modify"
    -Within the "Library Configuration" screen, click on Library Arm again and select "Configure"
    -Option is "Return inactive media to slot delay [0=never] (secs)"
    -You can set this to ZERO to keep the library from unloading the tape back to the slot.

That should do the trick. Let me know if it helps if you are still trying to crack this one.
Children
No Data