What's the difference between Windwos Hybrid and Pure64 releases ?

Hi,

Could someone explain me what are difference because when it's not possible to upgrade from one to the other.

Regards

Parents
  • Hello,

nice to find that interesting post. I supervise many Netvault servers. All Netvault servers are running the hybrid Netvault version (just updating the old ones and having the new ones running the same version). I know the advantages of 64bit applications and hardware. However, a large Netvault installation do not require a lot of RAM on the Netvault servers. Is there any best practise or case study where the Netvault server has to be pure64?

For Netvault clients with large filesystems and new installations I selected the pure64 version and its running fine. However, I cannot see a big difference compared to the 32 bit clients.

How about the availability of plugins? I noticed that NDMP Plugin 11.1 is only available in pure64. Now I worry about future releases for NDMP or other plugins will not be available in 32 bits...

Glad to hear advise or further expertise.
  • Hello,

nice to find that interesting post. I supervise many Netvault servers. All Netvault servers are running the hybrid Netvault version (just updating the old ones and having the new ones running the same version). I know the advantages of 64bit applications and hardware. However, a large Netvault installation do not require a lot of RAM on the Netvault servers. Is there any best practise or case study where the Netvault server has to be pure64?

For Netvault clients with large filesystems and new installations I selected the pure64 version and its running fine. However, I cannot see a big difference compared to the 32 bit clients.

How about the availability of plugins? I noticed that NDMP Plugin 11.1 is only available in pure64. Now I worry about future releases for NDMP or other plugins will not be available in 32 bits...

Glad to hear advise or further expertise.
Children
No Data