This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Netvault 11.4 brings time format 12 AM/PM and cannot be changed to 24h

Hello cummunity,

Netvault 11.2 and lower was working for me with 24 hour format. After upgrading to Netvault 11.3 the WebUI was showing 12 AM/PM format. Ok changed my browser from englisch region language to german and the 24 hour format was back again.

However, now Netvault 11.4 is available and now the time format is static to 12 AM/PM. According to support there was a design change in Netvault 11.4 that 12 AM/PM is now the only option.

Does anyone know why 12 AM/PM is the design solution. 24 hour format makes much more sense for a backup application. What is your opinon about the change?

Regards,

• This change happened in NVBU when we interfaced with “locale” of deployment. We rely upon the system state data for most part and it is set differently by different users.

Product management now agrees that they prefer the 24 hour format better because it keeps track of the global understanding of the time scales and also you may attach yourself with a local time zone to provide it more meaningful.

Product management has decided to change it back to the 24hr format in the next release which will be 11.4.5. I have no date on this yet however.