This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

backup on junction links

Hi, I have a policy based job for our PC clients. They all have the same backup content. There are couple PC that have unique folders for backup. I would like to add these client to the policy. I would like to know if Netvault support backing up junction link contents in Windows. If so, I can simply create a link in the selection set and point to the folder that needs to be backup.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi,

These are referred to as "symbolic links" in NetVault, however when symlinks are created, we only will backup the links that point to the data, not the actual data the links point to. Additionally, symbolic and hard-links are only supported with Linux/UNIX clients.
  • Hi,

These are referred to as "symbolic links" in NetVault, however when symlinks are created, we only will backup the links that point to the data, not the actual data the links point to. Additionally, symbolic and hard-links are only supported with Linux/UNIX clients.
Children
No Data