This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Storage migration: How?

Hello,

Is there a possibility to move an existing Netvault (11.3) saveset to another storage?

The storage is being replaced, so basically we would like to move all the existing backups to another storage, without manually copying them one-by-one.

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • Hello &

I wanted to inform you both that we actually have a tool that can kind of automate this process a bit. It was a unofficial development, and to be quite honest, I have not tested it, but basically all it does is create datacopy jobs based on savesets in NetVault that you want to datacopy in bulk. I can send it to you, if you would like but we do not support it - it is use at your own discretion. And support would not be responsible to troubleshoot any issues that it could have. That might sounds ominous, but it in no way means it would or could damage your NetVault. However, I would do a NetVault Database backup prior to attempting. Which is something we can help with. If you would like to try this tool, I would need emails to send it to directly.
  • Hello &

I wanted to inform you both that we actually have a tool that can kind of automate this process a bit. It was a unofficial development, and to be quite honest, I have not tested it, but basically all it does is create datacopy jobs based on savesets in NetVault that you want to datacopy in bulk. I can send it to you, if you would like but we do not support it - it is use at your own discretion. And support would not be responsible to troubleshoot any issues that it could have. That might sounds ominous, but it in no way means it would or could damage your NetVault. However, I would do a NetVault Database backup prior to attempting. Which is something we can help with. If you would like to try this tool, I would need emails to send it to directly.
Children
No Data