This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mixing Index and Saveset 9.2 and 11.4

Hi,

We are planning a migration from 9.2 to 11.4, how do we need to managed the index and saveset ?We need to be very carefull with the backup datas.

Do we have to start new full as soon as the client is migrated ?

Can we mix index 9.2 and 11.4 on tapes or is it a best practise to separate with new media groups ?

Thanks

• Hi alecarpentier

Are you just upgrading from 9.2 to 11.4 on the same server or are you moving to a different server?

If just an upgrade, you only need to make sure you do a NetVault Database Backup prior to the upgrade in case there is a need to roll back.

If a migration, then upgrade, then you have two options.

A) Upgrade before the migration - make sure to to a NVDB backup before upgrade and after

i) Then install the current version (version you upgraded to) on the new server

ii) Then move over your tape device and scan in your tapes - then do a NVDB restore.

*Note that there are pre-reqs that MUST be met for this - I have linked a KB for this process below.

B) Install the same version on the new server pre-upgrade, do the same process as i & ii - then do the upgrade on the new server.

support.quest.com/.../78685