This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

++ Blank tape and set new label per command line / start bat ++

Hello,

as far as I see NetVault attaches each job data to the inserted tape instead of overwriting it. This results in a backup faleid, because media is full.

My questions are:
Is it possible to overwrite the tape from the beginning on and not after the last set, to always have the full tape capacity available?
Is it possible to blank the tape media using nvblankmedia or nvbulkblankmedia? (I did some tests, but it looks like only libraries are working with it!?)
Is it possible to label a media and set as label the current date/time for example?

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Parents
  • Hey Andre,
    thanks for your explanation.

I changed the retention time from six to five days, because we use tapes mo-th and fri1-fri5.
    Too sad that it is not possible to blank tapes before starting a job.
    "Use Barcode As Labels" does only work with new tapes in use, as far as I can see.

I'll keep an eye on if we have get some more "tape full" messages during backup start.
  • Hey Andre,
    thanks for your explanation.

I changed the retention time from six to five days, because we use tapes mo-th and fri1-fri5.
    Too sad that it is not possible to blank tapes before starting a job.
    "Use Barcode As Labels" does only work with new tapes in use, as far as I can see.

I'll keep an eye on if we have get some more "tape full" messages during backup start.
Children
No Data