This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Netvault 11.4 - Unable to acknowledge individual warnings

After upgrading to version 11.4, I am unable to acknowledge individual warnings in a list of warnings.  Once I select the warning and hit acknowledge, ALL of the warnings disappear.  I have also noted that the tool bar that held the action tools listing is missing, apparently replaced with an individual actions column.  Is this by design? 

Parents
  • True, but perhaps the "Acknowledge" option when highlighting a specific job should in fact just acknowledge that particular job. However, they initially have been introduced to be acknowledged as a whole. The way to clear an individual job from the "warning/failed" state is to actually find why the job is in that state, fix, and then have its Exit Status as Successful.

That being said, jobs in Warning are actually just Successful jobs with a warning flag and no need to run those again to clear it.

Additionally, Warnings themselves are usually and most often nothing to be concerned about. They typically are logged in that state when a backup skips files that are locked, or too busy at the time to be backed up, or not backed up because of OS exclusions lists and the like. If these are Windows Servers and File System Plugin BUs and you are using the "Standard" backup method in the "File System Plugin Options" - then consider changing the option to VSS instead of Standard. It may eliminate some of the warnings on these jobs because files will be backed up after a VSS Snapshot has been taken, thus not affected by a lock or activity.

I hope this helps even further!

• True, but perhaps the "Acknowledge" option when highlighting a specific job should in fact just acknowledge that particular job. However, they initially have been introduced to be acknowledged as a whole. The way to clear an individual job from the "warning/failed" state is to actually find why the job is in that state, fix, and then have its Exit Status as Successful.

That being said, jobs in Warning are actually just Successful jobs with a warning flag and no need to run those again to clear it.

Additionally, Warnings themselves are usually and most often nothing to be concerned about. They typically are logged in that state when a backup skips files that are locked, or too busy at the time to be backed up, or not backed up because of OS exclusions lists and the like. If these are Windows Servers and File System Plugin BUs and you are using the "Standard" backup method in the "File System Plugin Options" - then consider changing the option to VSS instead of Standard. It may eliminate some of the warnings on these jobs because files will be backed up after a VSS Snapshot has been taken, thus not affected by a lock or activity.

I hope this helps even further!

Children
No Data