This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backups failing and flooding the email notification inbox with emails.

hey all

I'm trying to get things working with Netvault Version 9.20 Build 17 

Support wont help aside sending me a manual for it, its helped very slightly but still suck

I have the schedules set but still seeing it fail after the weekly change over of tapes we use two backup drives- 1Tb taps, I'm having to manually run them on the start of week, but then the incremental fail because they are in use or it cant see the index from the full 

This then floods the inbox with errors : No suitable media, : job failed

the tapes I want to name 1-12 but they keep being auto renamed

Any help would be appreciated quickly, I'm getting told of for it :<

Parents
  • No Suitable Media can stem from various reasons, but the most common is that media is full, does not have the correct label, or the media needed is not present.
    Also, if it cannot find the index, it could also be from the fact that the Incremental is not being ran based off of the full correctly.
    Lastly, if you wiped the tape that had the Full on it, then there is no way for the incremental can work.
    We will be happy to help you with this via call and or webex, but you will need to upgrade as per the support agreement.
  • No Suitable Media can stem from various reasons, but the most common is that media is full, does not have the correct label, or the media needed is not present.
    Also, if it cannot find the index, it could also be from the fact that the Incremental is not being ran based off of the full correctly.
    Lastly, if you wiped the tape that had the Full on it, then there is no way for the incremental can work.
    We will be happy to help you with this via call and or webex, but you will need to upgrade as per the support agreement.
Children
No Data