This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SQL Full and Incremental Backup

Hi,
I would like to create a Backup solution for my SQL 2012 with Full and incremental backup type, I tried using the manage policies, but its seems like its not letting me use the plug-in for the SQL when I'm on the Manage policies option. How can I make my Full with incremental backup for SQL?

Thanks,

Rafael

• Hi Rafael, I sent you a reply in the NetVault forum last week - so when you get a chance you can check out that information. Additionally though, I can briefly touch on how these backups are done here as well.
    In NetVault, Policies are used for a select few plugins, but primarily the File System Plugin. Since a policy is more tailored for similar file and directory structures, they would not work well for something like a SQL backup where databases and instances do not follow the same scheme.  That's kind of the broad sense of it.

As for creating SQL Backups outside of a Policy though, you would just want to use the standard backup method through 'Create Backup' under the 'Jobs' pane of the WebUI. From here, if you have already added your SQL Instance, you would then descend into the SQL Instance and into the DBs - then select the datbases you want to back up.

Once this is done, you would then set the primary options for the SQL Backup such a setting it as a Full and then selecting the custom options based on the method such as VSS or VDI:

In the Backup Type section, select the applicable option:
    • Full Database
    • Differential Database
    • Copy-Only
    • Incremental Transaction Log
    • Tail-Log
    • Full File and Filegroup
    • Differential File and Filegroup
    • Partial Database
    • Differential Partial Database

I have attached a link to the NetVault SQL Plugin User's Guide that will go over this, but I would be more than happy to help you via a support call as well. Please send me a message with your contact information and I can create an Service Request for you and help you out. I am available M-F 8am-5pm PST.