This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NetVault user privilege restriction to run jobs in a client group

Hello

I'd like to understand how privileges works in NetVault, the administrator guide is unclear. Well, at least it doesn't work as I expect it to. Maybe I missed a document with better explanations.

I'm trying to restrict some users to only run jobs (or triggers) on certain clients.

What does client group membership let a user do, and what's the interaction with general privileges ?

A user can only list jobs in his client group membership, but he can run any Job ID if he have "Submit/update backup jobs" privilege.

He can run triggers affecting any client if he have "Run predefined jobs instantly" privilege.

Jobs owned by this user may run

I saw some obsolete explanations about how to know who owns a job, and how to change it. Looks a bit unclear and messy to use, my tests didn't work out on NetVault 11.1.

Thank you

Parents
  • Hello

Thanks for your quick answer.

I did more tests, and list commands output seems logical with defined privileges and client groups memberships. My problem looks more and more like a bug, I'm opening a private support request.

Best regards

• Hello

Thanks for your quick answer.

I did more tests, and list commands output seems logical with defined privileges and client groups memberships. My problem looks more and more like a bug, I'm opening a private support request.

Best regards

Children
No Data