Devices section blank

When I logged into Foglight today, I was prompted to update the client to 6.9.25986.  After the update, the entire devices section is blank.  There are no sites and no devices displaying.  I can however, still see all my dashboards.  I have restarted the client and the services on the server with no luck.  How do I resolve this?

Dave

• We are experiencing the same issue with FogLight version 6.9.25986.  We have not been able to find a resolution yet.

• Dave,

This issue has been reported to our dev team for investigation.  Please submit a Support ticket so we may track your issue individually.

Regards,

Jon Padua

• How do I submit a support ticket?  

Dave

• Dave,

You can call 1 800 306 9329 or submit a ticket through support.software.dell.com/create-service-request.  Select 'Foglight Network Management System' as the product.

Regards,

Jon Padua

• I contacted the support number and they provided a hotfix that resolved my issue.

Dave

• dthomas215

I contacted the support number and they provided a hotfix that resolved my issue.

Dave

• We took the 6.9.25986 update this morning and ran into the exact same issue that Dave ran into and reported on this blog.

We were on 6.9.25885.

Contacted Dell Support and opened a ticket.

Waiting on a call back from support hopefully with the hotfix that will resolve our issue as well.

• Hi,

The free license support requests are redirected to the community.

Can You please post the received Hotfix in the community space to get rid of this annoying bug.

Thanks'

• The hotfix is attached.  To apply:

1. Go to the NMS server, stop the services “QuestNmsAgent” and “QuestNmsServer”.
    2. Go to folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Foglight NMS\Server”, find the file “PtCoreServer.dll” and back it up or rename with .old extension.
    3. Replace the “PtCoreServer.dll” with the attached file.  If you have UAC enabled, you will need to unblock the file.  Start the services “QuestNmsServer” and “QuestNmsAgent”.
    4. Login the studio and check if the problem still exists.

• I tried adding the hotfix and now when I try to log in I get the message Unable to connect to platform. Is there a step I've missed?

• Right-click on the file, Properties and then below click Allow, in German is called the button "zulassen"
    Look at the Picture.
    Then start again possibly the services. For me it was then