This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

.EMF file is not rendering in the SharePoint wiki page after migration.

Hi,

I am trying to do the migration from Lotus Notes to SharePoint wiki page and I am facing one issue while migrating images file , which is in .EMF format.

It's migrating to the SharePoint , but when I try to open wiki pages, it shows images as a corrupted.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue. Any help is much appreciated .

Kindly let me know, if anyone need more info regarding the same. Thanks !!

Best Regards,

Sangeet Kumar

• Hi Sangeet,

I understand you are experiencing issues migrating an EMF image file from Notes to a SharePoint wiki with Migrator for Notes to SharePoint. Do the images actually show up, but garbled? Or are the images not shown, but just a X in place of the images?

Can you tried viewing the migrated wiki page in another web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox?

You may want to try converting the EMF image to another format, which can be done within MNSP using the following steps:

Here are the steps to convert the EMF to another format.

1.) Open MNSP Designer
    2.) Select the Notes tab.
    3.) Click Edit under Source Data Definition.
    4.) The bottom option will be "Windows Metafile Image Conversion Option", Select the checkbox for "Convert Windows Metafile Image".
    5.) Choose the desired file type from the drop menu.
    6.) Try migrating to a new SharePoint list as a test.

If this new setting provides better results, then you can use the "Delete current SharePoint List items" option at the bottom of the SharePoint screen to overwrite and re-migrate the original SharePoint List. If the "Delete current SharePoint List items" option is not available, you may need to click on Options | General and enable the "Allow Deletion of SharePoint records" option.

Note: Converting a Windows Metafile Image to another image format might cause a loss of quality and content from the original image.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Thanks,

Trevor

• Hi Trevor,

Thank you so much. It worked fine for me.

Best Regards,
    Sangeet Kumar