This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NMSP Tool is not converting all of the Notes documents on multiple conversion executions

I have noticed 2 different behaviors:

1.  When I execute a full conversion of a Notes Form multiple times, there are times where the subsequent executions are not loading the same amount of documents (regardless of whether I have a filter - record selection - defined or not).  For example, I converted a Notes form that loaded 2500 documents the first execution.  On the second execution, it only loaded 2200 documents (without any errors logged).  When I try to perform the same exact load again, it loads the same 2500 documents from the first execution.  I am deleting the items from the list in between each load.   I am using the NMSP Designer v6.6.0.2139 tool to perform all of my loads.

2.  I have also noticed that there are times where the NMSP Designer tool indicates that there are 2500 documents loading.  However, when the load completes, the final total reflects 2400.  When I check the logs, there are no errors logged.  The summary indicates that there were only 2400 documents read and written.  The log file, unfortunately, does not log a message stating how many documents were found at the beginning of the load process. 

• Hello adias6,

Thank you for posting in the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. I understand you are experiencing two separate issues:

1.) We do not have any record of any previous reports from customers related to the number of records returned by MNSP changing. Typically, the number of records retrieved or migrated by MNSP only changes based off of selected filters, forms, or formulas. If you open MNSP Designer | Notes tab | Source Data Definition: Edit | Preview Data Query, this should provide you with the same results as a migration would. If you click the Test button here multiple times, you should always see the same "Query results".

On the MNSP Designer Notes tab, are there any values in the Max records or Skip fields?

It does appear that you are using an older version of MNSP that is currently under "Limited Support". This does not mean we cannot help you, it just means that there won't be any future enhancements or fixes for your version. You may want to consider upgrading to the latest version of MNSP 6.8, which is available from the following link:

support.quest.com/.../download-new-releases

2.) I understand that you are also experiencing issues with MNSP Designer indicates there are 2,500 documents loading, but the final total only reflects 2,400. If you run the same Preview Data Query test as above, how many "Query results" are returned for this Notes application?

Are there any errors in your SharePoint environment from the time frame of the migration?

On the MNSP Designer Notes tab, are there any values in the Max records or Skip fields?

If you are re-migrating to the same SharePoint lists, are you using the "Delete current SharePoint List items" feature on the SharePoint tab of MNSP Designer?

Thanks,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support
  • Hi Trevor,

I did not add any values to the Max and Skip fields. For one instance, I did select the "Delete current SharePoint List items." On other occasions, I deleted the items from the list in SharePoint directly, before running the next load. I have also run into this issue when loading a different site altogether - same list. We have multiple environments (Test, Model, and Prod), so we usually perform the same conversion on all environments. All loads are performed to the SharePoint Online environment (not On Prem). No errors were logged during these conversion attempts, neither on the Notes site nor the SharePoint side. I am not aware of any errors occurring on the SharePoint side, but if there were errors, wouldn't the conversion tool log an issue during that time? Unless there is an actual bug in this version that was fixed by a newer version, which is directly related to this issue, then I rather not upgrade at this time.
  • Hello adias6,

Thanks for the reply and additional information. Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) version 6.6.0.2139 was released in October of 2015. At that time, SharePoint 2013 was the latest version of SharePoint, and the latest version of SharePoint supported by MNSP 6.6.0.2139. I just looked at my Office 365 tenant and my SharePoint Online version is 2016 (Version=16.00.1599.002). The current version of MNSP, version 6.8, does support SharePoint 2016 targets, including SharePoint Online. For this reason, we would recommend upgrading to the latest version of MNSP 6.8, which is available from the following link:

support.quest.com/.../download-new-releases

If you want to continue to troubleshoot MNSP 6.6.0.2139, we can certainly assist you with that as well, but we will need some additional information to investigate further:

1.) A copy of your MNSP Designer job file that you are using to perform the migration, so we can duplicate your settings.

2.) A copy of a sample Notes application that is experiencing this issue.

3.) Copies of sample MNSP migration log files in which you experienced this issue.

4.) Can you confirm with Microsoft the version of SharePoint Online in your Office 365 tenant?

In order to protect your privacy, we would recommend creating a Service Request in order to submit this information to us directly:

support.quest.com/create-service-request

Thanks,

Trevor Taegder
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    Quest | Support