This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generating Documents

I'm attempting to create a pdf from a Notes document. I get an error message --> Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\'.

Checking the security on the Temp folder it shows Everyone with Modify access. I also changed the Notes temp directory and  Everyone also has Modify access to that folder. 

Is this an access issue? Is there another approach to create the pdf's?

Parents
  • Trevor -- thank you for replying. Here are my answers:

• Are you using the MNSP Designer or MNSP Console when this issue occurs?
      • MNSP Designer

• What is the exact version of MNSP you are currently running?

• Have you tried right-clicking and running the MNSP tools "As Administrator" to see if this changes your results?
      • Yes, I've run as admin -- I get the same error.

• Based on your description, it appears that MNSP is unable to write the PDF to the user temp directory staging area prior to migration. If you open File Explorer and type %temp% does this resolve to the correct directory?
      • I changed both the %TEMP% and %TMP% variables to a folder I created and gave full access to all users. Changing the %TEMP% variable didn't change the location Quest was attempting to write the pdfs and didn't change the error. Changing the %TMP% variable did change where Quest was attempting to write the pdfs, but I still got the error.

• Do you have any antivirus software that is scanning the user temp directory that could be impacting the migration process?
      • Windows Defender was off, I tried to run with it off and with it on but still got the same error. I'll need to check with my client if there is any other anti-virus software running on the VDI
  • Trevor -- thank you for replying. Here are my answers:

• Are you using the MNSP Designer or MNSP Console when this issue occurs?
      • MNSP Designer

• What is the exact version of MNSP you are currently running?

• Have you tried right-clicking and running the MNSP tools "As Administrator" to see if this changes your results?
      • Yes, I've run as admin -- I get the same error.

• Based on your description, it appears that MNSP is unable to write the PDF to the user temp directory staging area prior to migration. If you open File Explorer and type %temp% does this resolve to the correct directory?
      • I changed both the %TEMP% and %TMP% variables to a folder I created and gave full access to all users. Changing the %TEMP% variable didn't change the location Quest was attempting to write the pdfs and didn't change the error. Changing the %TMP% variable did change where Quest was attempting to write the pdfs, but I still got the error.

• Do you have any antivirus software that is scanning the user temp directory that could be impacting the migration process?
      • Windows Defender was off, I tried to run with it off and with it on but still got the same error. I'll need to check with my client if there is any other anti-virus software running on the VDI
Children
No Data