This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Preserving Modified by date in SharePoint

Hello

I wanted to know If it is possible to copy data from Notes column “modifiedName” to SharePoint OOTB modified by(Editor) column. For some reason, when I am not getting the required results. Once, job is completed is see system account added as "Modified by".

I am simply copying data from Notes document to a SharePoint pages library.

Are there any examples that I can look at?

Thanks

• Yes, this is possible.
    However, to successfully map any user field (including "Modified by"), a valid user mapping needs to be in place and configured in MNSP. If a valid mapping is not found, a default account will be used - according to the settings in the "Advanced" tab in the migration job.

Also note that ticking "Preserve Created/Modified Identities" on the "Map Data" tab will create a standard mapping for created and modified fields. If you want to use other fields, you can map these in the mapping list, but you need to uncheck this option.

Hope this helps
  • Hello Peter,
    I am using a valid user mapping in XML format and its still failed. What I forgot to mention previously, that I am migrating content from Notes to "Pages" library in SharePoint.
    I ran a test migration with same data from Notes into SharePoint list and document library and this time I was able to preserver the "Modified by" just by checking the check box and didn't had to use mapping.
    I think problem is with Pages library. Can you please provide some on this?
  • I just tested this in my lab, to a SharePoint 2013 Basic Pages library, and it works as expected.

A pages library ist just another Document Library, so there shouldn't really be much difference - except if you have specific settings on that library (e.g. sometimes there are problems with Publishing libraries, because of the specific workflow settings there).

So this might be a case for support.