This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Preserving Modified by date in SharePoint

Hello

I wanted to know If it is possible to copy data from Notes column “modifiedName” to SharePoint OOTB modified by(Editor) column. For some reason, when I am not getting the required results. Once, job is completed is see system account added as "Modified by".

I am simply copying data from Notes document to a SharePoint pages library.

Are there any examples that I can look at?

Thanks

Parents
  • I just tested this in my lab, to a SharePoint 2013 Basic Pages library, and it works as expected.

A pages library ist just another Document Library, so there shouldn't really be much difference - except if you have specific settings on that library (e.g. sometimes there are problems with Publishing libraries, because of the specific workflow settings there).

So this might be a case for support.

• I just tested this in my lab, to a SharePoint 2013 Basic Pages library, and it works as expected.

A pages library ist just another Document Library, so there shouldn't really be much difference - except if you have specific settings on that library (e.g. sometimes there are problems with Publishing libraries, because of the specific workflow settings there).

So this might be a case for support.

Children
No Data