This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to configure .nsf files for 106 different databases in Quest MNSP Console ?

Hello, 

I have 106 Standart Text Databases in Notes, which will be migrated to SharePoint.

I am able to complete the migration for one of them at a time, by using designer.  In designer, I am able to choose the .nsf file of the database itself. 

However, since I have 106 databases and the 106 nsf. files of those databases can not be chosen all together neither in Console or Designer, I am not able to migrate them all together. 

Can you help me on this  ? 

Best regards,

Cagri 

• Hello Cagri,

Thanks for posting in the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) community forum. If I understand correctly, you would like to use MNSP to perform a "bulk migration" of 106 similar Notes databases. In this case, the MNSP Designer is typically used to create and save the desired migration settings and attribute mappings as a job file, by clicking Save Job.

The following steps should allow you to bulk migrate many Notes databases with the MNSP Console:

1.) Once you have a migration job file created, you can assign this job file to each Notes database one-by-one by going to the properties of the database within the MNSP Console.

2.) Right-click one of the similar databases and choose "Create Technical Class".

3.) Locate the "Technical Class" you just created under the Classification Rules | Technical Classification Rules node.

4.) Right-click on this Technical Classification Rule you created and select the desired migration job, created in step 1 to assign this job to all databases. Additionally, you can use the Auto Target tab to set the SharePoint targets automatically.

5.) In order to perform a bulk migration all Notes databases need to have both a migration job file and target SharePoint site assigned. If you do not use the Auto Target method above, then you can multi-select multiple databases and set the SharePoint target site.

6.) The next step is to use one of the other node views, such as "All Databases", "By Server", "By Technical Class", etc. to multi-select the desired Notes databases | right-click | Migrate to SharePoint…

There are essentially two parts, steps 1 - 5 assign the required migration settings to the Notes databases, step 6 selects the actual databases to migrate at the same time. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need any additional clarification.

Thanks,

Trevor Taegder

• Hello Trevor,

Very glad to see your decription. I tried the POC and it worked as you described. I will try to do it for the mass migration tomorrow and will get back to you regarding the results.

Best regards,
    Cagri