This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Free Trial of Data Protection | Rapid Recovery

Optimize your users’ application experience — and simplify backup and recovery. Rapid Recovery lets you protect anything, anywhere — systems, apps and data, whether it’s physical, virtual or in the cloud. Run without restore in just a few clicks.

• Ensure zero impact on your users by presenting them with the data they request instantly, during restores, as if the outage never happened
  • Assure system, application and data availability everywhere: physical, virtual and cloud
  • Protect growing virtual environments automatically
  • Connect to all the leading public clouds simply and easily
  • Lower costs — all capabilities included in one solution

Free Trial of Data Protection with Rapid Recovery.

• After installation of Rapid recovery 6.1 trial product , it asking me for trail license key to open console. I have given key given in name of installer but saying incorrect product key. Also tried full exe name but still getting same error. Please help me from where to get trial license key.
  • Hi laxmikant_darade:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The way this is supposed to work is just running the installer (which has the trial license already built in the installer name). The license should be applied automatically.

If you modified the file name prior performing the installation, please try to repair the installation using the original installer file name. However, based on your posting I suspect that there is more to it. As such, will attempt reproduce the issue and get back to you.

• Hi Tudor,

I have run same installer without making any changes in file name still looks license is not applying automatically.
    I have downloaded installer two times and after downloading file format of executable installer file looks like:
    "core-x64-6.1.0.645-trial_licensekey%3Dbd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a.exe"

One more query, Is there anything causing problem due to "%3D" OR "%" OR "%3" characters embedded in installer file name ? But I also don't have control over download file name.

After launching Core console it is asking to provide license file and I have tried various keys by extracting from downloaded installer file name like,
    1. %3Dbd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a [Getting product key is invalid error]
    2. bd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a [Getting product key is invalid error]
    3. Dbd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a [Getting product key is invalid error]
    4. core-x64-6.1.0.645-trial_licensekey%3Dbd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a.exe [ Getting memory related error on UI]

Please let us know if you find any resolution to fix this issue as I tried many attempts but still unable to proceed with product trial.

Regards,
    Laxmikant
  • Hi laxmikant_darade:

I have gone through the process of installing a RapidRecovery 6.1 trial version from scratches. I found only a possible issue with minimal impact (see below) but no Trial License related issues. Please see below my step by step installation. I have gone into such a detail to make sure that everything can be reproduced.

NOTE:

Working together with laxmikant_darade we determined that, in certain conditions (i.e. using Firefox to download the trial), the name of the Core installer file is modified at download time. Specifically, the  “=” sign in the installer name is replaced by "%3D" (which is the html code for "=").

As such, the correct file name which looks like:
    core-x64-6.1.0.645-trial_licensekey=bd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a.exe

is replaced to:
    core-x64-6.1.0.645-trial_licensekey%3Dbd54df5731805a86c8ca2dca50db29c9fa60177de7aed15a.exe

If this happens the trial license is not applied correctly or the installation may even fail.
    To solve the issue, replace the "%3D" code with "=" (no double quotes) in the installer name.

1. Deployed a VM with the following params:

2. Modified the view settings:

3. Downloaded the installer into the temp folder (so it is available to all users [not really necessary]).

4. Ran the installer as administrator (Note -- the downloaded installer should be NOT blocked by default)

5. Chose English as the installation language (The default locale for the server is US English)

6. Since .Net 4.5.2 was not installed, I OK-ed it being installed.

7. The .Net 4.5.2 files were extracted from the installer package

8. The .Net 4.5.2 installation started

9. The Rapid Recovery Installer came up once the ,Net 4.5.2. installation finished.

10. Accepted the License Agreement

11. Was presented with the prerequisites installation table and hit "Install Prerequisites"

12. All prerequisites installed correctly.

13. The "Installation Options" section opened up. I left all defaults (except unchecking "Allow core to automatically send diagnostics... " as there is nothing I intend to do with this core except checking the built in trial license)

14. I selected "Never Check for updates option in the "Update Options" section for the same reasons as above.

15. The installation started...

16. The installation finished. However I got a warning message (I mentioned this at the beginning of this posting). It stated that the RapidRecoveryCore service did not start properly.

17. I checked the Rapid Recovery services and it looks that all services started -- I suspect that my core VM (which has minimal specs and competes for resources with many other VMs was slow starting all RapidRecovery services...)

18. I went through all the steps for showing the GUI (please note that I used Chrome just to avoid more snapshots showing how to deal with the IE compatibility mode)

19. The GUI came out with no issues

20. Checking the Licensing section in the Settings tab showed that the trial license is up and running :)

Hope that this helps...

• Hi laxmikant_darade:
    %3D is "="
    Have you tried changing it in the Core installer name, replacing "%3D" with "=" (no double quotes, of course)?
    I am not sure what could affect the name of the file. What locale and character set are you using? (I am using English/US and UTF 8)
  • Hi Tudor,

Thanks a lot!!! I have uninstalled Rapid recovery and re-run same installer by replacing "%3D" with "=" sign and it worked now.

I am using English/US as locale and by running CHCP command looks like Active code page is 437 i.e. OEM United States.
    From Firefox browser "about:config" there is one property "prefs.converted-to-utf8" was set to false. I have modified it to "True" and retried installer download but still same issue i.e. %3D coming in installer file name instead of = sign.

Anyways replacing suggested character resolved my issue but this problem might occur in other customer environment so resolution to this would help to user who are trying trial version.

Regards,
    Laxmikant
  • hi laxmikant_darade:
    I checked the trial download and it is indeed related to Firefox. We are attempting to determine the best approach to fix this behavior. Meanwhile I will modify my "long post" to reflect the issue fix as to warn other users that may have the same issue. Thanks for bringing up the issue on the forums.

• Yes exactly. Issue is reproducible with Firefox browser only and works fine with IE. By looking at page source for download page on Quest.com looks like charset is supporting IE edge mode,
    This looks causing problem while accessing webpage from Firefox as meta charset attributes binding with IE browser.
    <meta charset="utf-8"><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

While looking at older webpages of dell.com, not using above mode, that's why it was worked earlier fine with Firefox,
    This is line from dell.com website page source,
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Regards,
    Laxmikant