This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrading 6.0 to 6.1

Is this upgrade simple? Causes no headaches?

We have Target cores in a datacentre and obviously would like to upgrade but if this has been troublesome it would be good to know..

• Hi Stephen:
    No major issues upgrading to 6.1 I know of as yet. However, taking into account your localization/events history, I would suggest to open a ticket and upgrade a core together with one of our engineers so if the issue repeats it could be addressed right away.
  • Zero issues here upgrading two Appliances. Didn't even have to reboot.
  • Interesting, support tell me i cant install it

"You will be able to install the version 6.1 when it will be release for appliance's as mentioned the current version of 6.1 its not for appliance's so right now you can't install it."
  • It may not be supported, but it works. I installed the latest AA_RUU_Package_bld587 and then use the license portal to download the Core-X64-6.1.0.645 executable.
    The only thing that doesn't work right is the Appliance status, but that's been broken since the upgrade to 6.x. Last time it worked properly was the 5.4.x build. Hopefully they fix this when they release the new RUU but when they do, I'll just apply that. We really needed SQL2016 and Win Server 2016 support so i just went for the upgrade.

• Upgrade to 6.1 on the DL appliance is supported. We currently recommend waiting to upgrade to 6.1 until the new RUU releases where possible. However, if you need the new features in RR 6.1.0 then feel free to upgrade. Make sure that you upgrade the appliance to RUU 3.0.587 prior to upgrading to 6.1 though. Otherwise the appliance tab won't function at all. The appliance tab should be fully functional after upgrade to RUU 3.0.587 with 6.0.2.177 (DL specific build) and 6.1.0.645.