This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery Points showing 1.15 TB Base and 1.09 TB Base, Incremental

Trying to cleanup a repository on a Rapid Restore 6.1 Core.  Reviewing the recovery points for one of the protected servers, I see a base image for c:\, e:\ on 11/11/2016 of 1.15 TB.  And then on Jan 4, 2017, I see a "Base, Incremental" for c:\, e:\ of 1.09 TB.

I want to do some housekeeping and reclaim any space but not sure how to interpret this.  i.e. which volume has the base and which has the incremental and what happens if I delete all recovery points before Jan 4?  Will I destroy a valid base and break the chain?

This server had it's e: volume fill up around Jan. 4 which I'm guessing triggered another base image.

Any help is appreciated.

Parents
  • Thanks, Just to clarify, I'm not sure I have 2 base images of c:\ and e:\. I suspect I have two base images of e:\ only on 11/11 and 1/4 and One base of c:\ on 11/11. The 1/4 date shows a status of "base, incremental" for C:\ and e:\. Not just status of "Base" as the original on 11/11 does. Don't know if this changes anything you mentioned, I just wanted to be clear.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Thanks, Just to clarify, I'm not sure I have 2 base images of c:\ and e:\. I suspect I have two base images of e:\ only on 11/11 and 1/4 and One base of c:\ on 11/11. The 1/4 date shows a status of "base, incremental" for C:\ and e:\. Not just status of "Base" as the original on 11/11 does. Don't know if this changes anything you mentioned, I just wanted to be clear.

Thanks again for your help.
Children
No Data