This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

RR5.4.3 - unable to select target repository

I'm in the process of changing the target repository on a few of our RR5.4.3 protected agents, however when selecting the repository to replicate to i'm unable to select anything other than the first one in the list, the scroll bar doesn't work, can't type the name etc.

Has anyone else seen this?

Does anyone have a powershell command that allows you to enable replication (currently under review to be approved) or an API script that could manage the same.

Thanks

Mark

• can't edit post above.
    when asking for a powershell script, I meant to say the agent is currently listed under review, I need a powershell / API script that can approve replication and specify the target repository.

Thanks
  • Are there any recovery points still in the original repository for the agents? If so, then replication will not allow you to switch repositories (regardless of whether you use API or Web UI). So you need to archive those RPs and then delete them from the repository. Then you will be able to switch the repository during replication configuration.

We do not support having a single agent's recovery points in multiple repositories. While we haven't seen any specific issues with it, it has not been tested with rollup and unpredictable results are possible.
  • hi Tim,

No recovery points on the target core, it has finished deleting recovery points but still not an option to select the other repository in the WebUI, it simply closes the selector box when you try to click the arrow to view more

Hence why I wanted a potential API script that would work.

Mark
  • Interesting. What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Also, have you checked the registry on the source and target core to make sure there are no left over replication settings for that agent?
  • have tried Chrome, IE & Firefox on three different devices.
    Not able to check registry at this time, will do tomorrow
  • Hi fredbloggs:

Replication is a rather complex operation and doing it via the API is too much of a pain if there is a way around. (I can explain for what it is worth :) ). I believe that in your case such a way around exists. To make sure that it is the case, I suggest the following experiment: 

1. Add one agent to replication and set it to PAUSED from the get go

2. On the target core navigate to the replicated Agent settings and see if the repository can be changed to the desired one (most likely it is possible)

If you have many agents to deal with, please do the following test:

Open Regedit, navigate to the agent ID, AgentProtectionConfiguration,Storageconfiguration

Change the RepositoryID value with the desired one.

I am not sure if the CoreService needs to be bounced -- I believe it does.

If the tests above are successful I can help you with a PowerShell script to change the repository. You will need PowerShell 3.0 or later so I can include gridview menus.

The process would have 2 steps:

1. Add the agents to replication with the default repository in PAUSED mode

2. Use the script to change the repositories on the target. The script would present you with a gridview allowing you to select the desired repository, another gridview allowing selecting the desired replicated agents and it would change the repository id for all agents in the selection.

Please keep in mind that this is possible only if there are no recovery points pertaining to the agents added to replication on the Repository presented by the Target core.

• Thanks.

That sorted this problem out. I was able to change it in the UI after it had been enabled.

Don't have too many to do so will stick with the manual method but this gets me moving forwards.
    Mark
  • how do I mark that as the answer?