This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Standby Replication

Hi All!

I have five Virtual Standbys continually updating on my core. I am using a target core to replicate my protected machines to.

Is it possible to replicate my Virtual Standbys using the Rapid Recovery Replication as I do the protected machines to the replication target or should I do this externally of the Rapid Recovery software using Microsoft Hyper-V Replication?

I've looked around in the Rapid Recovery console to see somewhere to add replication to the Virtual Standbys as I do the protected machines but cannot seem to find an option within Rapid Recovery to do so... I can achieve this using the Microsoft Hyper-V suite but it would be a nice feature in Rapid Recovery if its possible.

Many Thanks in advance!

• Hi paulw:
    If I understand correctly, you have set up a replication between two cores, you are having virtual standbys on the source core and would like to have the same on the target core. This is easily achievable although not by replicating the already exported virtual standby machines.
    All you have to do is to set virtual standbys on the target core for the machines of interest.

To summarize, the process would look like in the diagram below:

Please note that this is a more efficient solution compared to what you suggested as the data travels through the WAN (which is the bottleneck) only once. 

• Thanks for the information. I shall implement it in this way.