This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pause a running snapshot

Hi All,

I have one client who experiences more than their share of dirty shut downs. Clearly a problem but one for another day and not their only one. The problem is each time appassure wants to run a base image it takes just over two days and on this one particular server they send out a large email blast every few days and if the base image is running it takes hours to send these messages rather than the minute and a half it normally does. Again a problem and again one for another day.

My question is, is there a way to pause the base image while it is running? I just need to pause it for maybe five minutes while this email blast goes out then it can run again and complete.

If there is no supported way does anybody know of a way this might be accomplished? I'm not on site but something like pulling the cable from the core for a minute and then putting it back in so the backup resumes. I know how that sounds but I'm desperate to get these base images done while they work to address the bigger issues.

thanks for any suggestions.

Parents
  • I totally understand. Our product management teams have been scoping out the ability to resume backups on disconnect and possibly pause backups and resume in the middle of the job. I'm not sure where they are in this process, but the hope is that a future build of the software will have it. I doubt that it will be anytime in the next few months, but hopefully in the next major version we will see some improvements to the backup process.
  • I totally understand. Our product management teams have been scoping out the ability to resume backups on disconnect and possibly pause backups and resume in the middle of the job. I'm not sure where they are in this process, but the hope is that a future build of the software will have it. I doubt that it will be anytime in the next few months, but hopefully in the next major version we will see some improvements to the backup process.
Children
No Data