This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Opening Central Console, I get this error: "An error occurred during the request execution"

We have AppAssure 5.4.3 installed (for a few years now), and Core Console works fine. I just installed Central Console so we can start replication backups between 2 remote sites. It installed successfully, but every time I open it, I get this error: "An error occurred during the request execution." Core Console still works fine.

The web link it's using is https://servername:8006/apprecovery/mcmp/

The only possible solution I've found so far is to upgrade to Rapid Recovery, but my supervisor doesn't want to do that yet. Are there any other known solutions for this error?

Thanks!

• Hi Jeremy:
    You do not need the Central Console to do replication. You need to be able to communicate with the other core via port 8006, though.
    If you have only 2 cores you can have the GUI of both source and target cores opened in two tabs of your browser (depending on name resolution setup you may need to use the IP address of the other core of the hosts file).
    If for some reason you would like to run the Central Console it may make sense to install the one appropriate for your core version. Newer versions should work as well but installing the older version is probably easier than troubleshooting.
    You can download the Appassure 5.4.3 console here: s3.amazonaws.com/.../CentralConsole-X64-5.4.3.106.exe
  • Thank you for the quick reply!
    The 2 browser tabs looks like it will do what we need, so far. We'll toss Central Console for now, and use the old version later if we decide to try it again.