This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Still Imported While Powered Off

I know this sounds pretty unlikely but I have no other way to explain it. I export two of our servers nightly to an offsite Hypervisor that lost power yesterday afternoon. I drove there today and unlocked the door myself to power it back on. It was off.

Last night however I noticed that RR core still showed the backups being successfully exported to this machine. I was confused but figured it was either wrong or had them "in queue" somehow.

Today when I powered the server on and checked the virtual disks the time matched the export times of the core. It appears they somehow they actually did get imported even while the machine was powered off. I have no explanation for this but would love to hear how this happened.

• Check the logs, they should help you find out what happened
  • It depends where you look. The tasks show they went. The alert and journals seem to indicate that the exports failed or at least failed to queue.

Maybe I'll go back and make sure I got the date of the virtual disks correct and not just the time. I have them set to move at the same times every day so I may have missed the date. It's still weird that I got no error in the event for the day.
  • I would not say it is common, but its not unheard of for the events to say they worked fine while the task actually failed. It probably happens a fair amount but you often don't notice the task is failing but reporting success till you actually need it, and then its to late