This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have a core I cannot log into

It appears the backups are still running as the replication of a server to another core is still occurring.  I've tried logging into the core remotely, and on the core machine itself with IE and Firefox (ESR52) and at most I get the login popup, but no further to speak of.  I may get an error about certificates and if I add the exception, I get the following under IE:

Not Found

HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.

Under Firefox I get:
Secure Connection Failed.

I've checked the services on the bad core with a good working core, and they're all running.  I've even done a repair of the core via Control Panel/Programs. Rebooted etc.  No recent patches were installed just prior to the core not responding.

Running RR 6.0.2.144 on Windows 10 (it's a small core)

• IE is a disaster. Have you tried going to-

TOOLS>COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS
    Uncheck "display intranet sites in Compatibility view"
    Click "CLOSE"

It sounds like it's running and you are just having a browser issue.
  • I don't think that's the problem but I did try it without luck.
    I can get to 2 other cores OK from my PC, just not this particular one - so it's something wrong on the core.
  • Can you check the hostname? If the hostname is correct, and it still gives you the 404 error try localhost in place of the server hostname in the address bar.

Also check the eventvwr for any application error events related to loading the UI.
  • Have tried localhost and the IP address to the machine with no luck, even the FQDN. The machine is on a domain. It's in the Server OU so it gets the same policies as the other core machines, but is our only Windows 10 core.

When I attempt to log on with a fresh browser session I get prompted to enter credentials but after that nothing but the Secure Connection Failed, or 404 error pages depending on whether I use Firefox or IE/Edge. Do I have to have a valid certificate on the machine? We don't on the other cores.

I've checked the eventvwr logs and cannot find anything to indicate the errors I'm seeing. I've done two repairs in hopes it will fix this core.

Any suggestions?
  • Generally when we see this kind of situation it's most commonly caused by a Windows update that breaks something in .NET or ASP.NET. If you aren't seeing any errors in the windows application or system event logs that relate to either of those, I'd recommend opening a support case. We're gonna have to do some digging to find the problem.
  • If the Core.Service is running, and each of those tests result in the 404 error, the best approach to troubleshooting this will be open a service request and get an engineer to take a look.

support.quest.com/contact-support
  • Unfortunately we just found out our maintenance lapsed. I had been talking to sales about it last fall and never got a followup and it fell off our radar. I've emailed them back and haven't heard anything in 2 days... :/
  • Can you PM me your company name and email address and I'll see if I can't expedite a call back.
  • Done.
    And trying the removal of recent patches and alternately .net to see if it helps.
  • Did you get anywhere with this? I have the exact same problem. It's gotta be Win updates..