This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows Server 2016 Program Compatibility Assistant blocking drivers

I recently tried to install an agent (6.1.1.137) on a hyper-v vm running server 2016 and the Program Compatibility Assistant blocked all the driver installations because it didn't like the digital signatures. Is this a known issue?

• Yes. This occurs on Server 2016 systems with secure boot enabled. To work around it you need to disable secure boot. We are working on getting our driver signing updated so that Microsoft does not block installation of our drivers.
  • Are we getting anywhere with this. 6.1.3 still not signed?
  • We have signed drivers that you can get as a patch for both 6.1.2 and 6.1.3. They are not bundled with the software installer yet. That will occur when we release version 7.0 of Rapid Recovery which is in beta now. To get a copy of the patch, please open a support case and we can provide them to you.
  • Is there a reason they are not included in the patch, that seems odd?

At the very least, write a TN and include the signed driver location, so we can download them at will.

I just opened a case and waited 5 days for them to even respond. So it seems less than ideal to make us open more cases and wait.
  • The drivers have not been tested with every OS we support. So to minimize risk, we are only providing them on a case by case basis and specifying that you should only use them on the systems specifically affected. We've fully tested with those operating systems and secure boot enabled, we just haven't been able to run through the full gamut of testing on the other operating systems yet. That full testing is coming with version 7 which is when we will feel 100% confident in releasing the drivers with the installer and allowign them to run on older operating systems.

What was the SR number that took 5 days? I'll take that to the Support Managers and make sure we learn from your experience and improve.
  • Thanks. I'll run this up the chain.