This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Driver Injection Fails

All,

I have a pretty vanilla test server for use in BMR testing and I am having trouble injecting drivers into the Boot Media process. It uses Intel storage controllers for RAID and Intel Gigabit NIC's..

With AA you had to extract and use the actual driver file itself (iastor.sys for example) but this fails with a "ONLY .ZIP FILES ALLOWED" message. The documentation says rename the entire installer from .exe to .zip but this fails with a "NO NEW OR UPDATED DRIVERS WERE FOUND..." message. It also suggests to extract the driver file and then zip the folder where the extracted drivers reside but this also fails with the same message.

Am I missing something? These two drivers are arguably two of the most popular server drivers in the field so it seems like they should be no brainers.

Thanks

Parents
  • No I get the extraction process, I had to do that with AA. It just wasn't working. I did manage to find an Intel zip version that worked natively. The other was just a bad download apparently.

Good object lesson for anyone who happens on this to practice, practice, practice your DR plan. Make sure it works in real life before you need it.

Thanks
  • No I get the extraction process, I had to do that with AA. It just wasn't working. I did manage to find an Intel zip version that worked natively. The other was just a bad download apparently.

Good object lesson for anyone who happens on this to practice, practice, practice your DR plan. Make sure it works in real life before you need it.

Thanks
Children
No Data