This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GET failed: Service method call timed out

Hi, I have a protected machine that I can't no more take backup. I always get an error like this

The transfer failed: 'Call to service method j-ped.crl.int:8006/.../ GET failed: Service method call timed out after 00:04:59.9952616'

I run Rapid Recovery 6.1.1.137 on Windows 2012 r2 with all the latest update. I repair the agent on the protected machine, I reboot the server. Nothing chance I continue to have the errors.

The protected machine is a Windows 2012 R2, a VM on a Hyper-V host.

I try too this (based on another KB article)

• SC QUERY AAfsflt
  • SC stop AAfsflt
  • SC start AAfsflt

What can I do next?

Thanks

• Hi guillaume.chartrand:

Looks that the issue you have is triggered by a REST call timeout (which in your case is 5 min). This does not mean that cause of the issue is reaching the timeout but it may be useful to try increasing it in order to determine if you are facing a slow data collection operation or you need to do some more in depth troubleshooting.

Before doing anything else try the following:

* copy and paste in a browser on the core the full  "j-ped.crl.int:8006/.../" url (if you have it). If it works you will see an XML reply

* in Powershell run

PS C:\> get-protectedservers | where {$_.displayname -eq <the name of your machine> | fl

Although not conclusive, the results of these checks (success/fail) will show you the magnitude of the problem

Next step is opening the Registry and navigating to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\CoreSettings\ClientTimeoutSettings and change all timeout values from 5 min to 20 min (see below).

You may have to restart the core service (but try a snapshot before doing so as well)

Please let us know how it goes :)