This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backing Up CentOS 7

Other than the version of the Rapid Recovery Client, is the process for backing up a CentOS 7 machine going to be any different than a Windows machine? So far we aren't having any luck, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step.

Thanks,

Zack

• Backing up CentOS works just like backing up Windows. Once you have the agent installed, the workflow is identical. You mentioned you weren't having any luck. What specifically is happening? Are you getting an error installing the agent or some other problem? Have you tried copying the agent to the CentOS machine and running the installer manually?
  • Hi Zack:
    If you have a chance, check KB#184590. It shows how to install the agent on a RedHat/Centos machine.

Check KB#206530 if you get an "xfsprogs missing package" error.

Please let us know if you are successful.

• We found out that a part of the issue was port 8006 being closed on the CentOS machines. After opening the port we were able to successfully backup one of the machines, but the other 2 machines are now receiving a different error. I pasted the error below.

Exception chain:
    Unexpected end of file.
    Call to service method IPADDRESS:PORT/.../ GET failed: Invalid Response.