This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virtual Standby Exports Suddenly Fail

Hi All,

I have two machines that I export offsite as standby VM's and they both have suddenly stopped exporting. None of the permissions have changed and the firewalls are down. I did just do a round of windows updates the day before but I was still exporting right up until this afternoon. I realize that this may not be a RR issue per-se but any ideas would be appreciated. I am unable to even connect far enough to add a new machine to export. I can remote desktop the machine and ping it.

Exception chain:

• Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
  • Cannot obtain access to a remote machine 'offsite server' This error could be caused by one of the following 
    • The user name or password is incorrect.
    • The specified user does not have administrator privileges on the remote machine.
    • The specified user does not have access to the remote machine via Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Cannot connect to the Hyper-V server 'offsite server' using the specified credentials. Please make sure the user name and password are correct
Parents
  • Hi Tudor,

If the ports on the core were being used by another process wouldn't the protected machines lose connectivity? The backups are working, only the offsite VM exports are failing.

I will try this regardless but it seemed to me that the offsite machine had the issue.
  • Hi Tudor,

If the ports on the core were being used by another process wouldn't the protected machines lose connectivity? The backups are working, only the offsite VM exports are failing.

I will try this regardless but it seemed to me that the offsite machine had the issue.
Children
No Data