This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Core cannot contact replication server

We have a Core at our HQ that replicates to another core in one of our sites. Or, I should say, should replicate because it can no longer connect. The error is:

ERROR 2017-06-22T11:20:22 [4110] - Replay.Core.Client.ReplicationCommunicationCoreClient (RequestUri=localhost:8006/.../ ClientAddress=::1:52370 Service=Replay.Core.Management.Replication.ReplicationManagement Method=GetRemoteCores)
Error while deserialize ServerError object. POST 192.168.1.252:8006/.../sync failed with HTTP status code Forbidden:

Both Cores are on the same version (VERSION: 6.1.2.115). The sites connect to HQ over VPN. Both servers can ping each other.  The server with the outgoing replication shows the status of the replication server as 'ignored', the replication server shows the connection as 'established'.

My google fu is letting me down on this issue. Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Parents
  • Tim

I followed your suggestions but ran into a snag when re-configuring the replication: the Core could not contact the replication server using server name, and when using the IP gave the error 'cannot replicate to itself'. The Core has IP 192.168.3.252, the replication server 192.168.1.252. So, it seemed like the Core was disregarding the subnet when checking IP's.

When I changed the replications server IP to 192.168.1.251, I was able to configure the replication. Thank you for the advice!
  • Tim

I followed your suggestions but ran into a snag when re-configuring the replication: the Core could not contact the replication server using server name, and when using the IP gave the error 'cannot replicate to itself'. The Core has IP 192.168.3.252, the replication server 192.168.1.252. So, it seemed like the Core was disregarding the subnet when checking IP's.

When I changed the replications server IP to 192.168.1.251, I was able to configure the replication. Thank you for the advice!
Children
No Data