This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"This XML file does not appear to gave any style associated with it"

Hello

I've been using AppAssure for almost 5 years now...through thick and thin...anyway, this post is about an offsite replication server. NOTE: I have 5 cores but only 2 in use at the moment.

The offsite replication server got hit with crypto a few months back. The AV stopped it quickly, but not quickly enough. The ISP took responsibility, but i digress. Quite a few files were trashed.

After cleaning up I did a new install of a core, in a different directory than default. It found my repository, my primary core back at home base can see the remote core as can the portal.

My primary core is still sending data to the remote core and synchronization is up to date.

However, i cannot access the core while on the remote server. i get the following error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<serverError xmlns="apprecovery.com/.../05" xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">
<message>
Could not load file or assembly 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
</message>
<type>System.IO.FileNotFoundException</type>
<detail>
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.CreateWellKnownObjectInstance(String assemblyQualifiedName, Boolean failIfExists) at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.CreateWellKnownObjectInstance(String assemblyQualifiedName, Boolean failIfExists) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObjectInternal(String appId, Type type, IApplicationHost appHost, Boolean failIfExists, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.CreateHost(WebHostConfiguration config, String appId) at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.GetHost(WebHostConfiguration config) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.HandleIncomingRequest(HttpRequestEventArgs requestEventArgs) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.ListenerServiceRequestProcessor.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestEventArgsWrapperBase httpRequestEventArgs) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
</detail>
<stackTrace>
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.CreateWellKnownObjectInstance(String assemblyQualifiedName, Boolean failIfExists) at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.CreateWellKnownObjectInstance(String assemblyQualifiedName, Boolean failIfExists) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObjectInternal(String appId, Type type, IApplicationHost appHost, Boolean failIfExists, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.CreateHost(WebHostConfiguration config, String appId) at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.GetHost(WebHostConfiguration config) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.WebServer.HandleIncomingRequest(HttpRequestEventArgs requestEventArgs) at Replay.ServiceHost.Implementation.Hosting.ListenerServiceRequestProcessor.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestEventArgsWrapperBase httpRequestEventArgs) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
</stackTrace>
<serverException>
<message>
Could not load file or assembly 'ServiceHost.Implementation, Version=6.1.2.115, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
</message>
<type>System.IO.FileNotFoundException</type>
<detail>
</detail>
<rawException>
AAEAAAD/////SNIP A BUNCH OF NOTHING HERE
</rawException>
</serverException>
</serverError>

So far i have tried...a complete uninstall and reinstall, an upgrade to the latest core revision (yesterday) and finally a repair of THAT core.

One "strange" thing is the portal says none of my repository space is utilized on the remote core...although I only checked after the upgrade, so maybe it was still working on it.

I have also used both the desktop icon Core Console with IE and Chrome to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Pete

• I have never seen this, but the following technote may help

support.quest.com/.../125714
  • That looks promising, although I see a conundrum in step 6. It wont be possible to monitor the repository loading task as the GUI will not display. I did try a complete uninstall and re-install prior to posting....however, not with these exact steps... it certainly seems like the same problem and I'll give it a try.
    Thank You
  • To monitor the repository maintenance jobs via powreshell, please open an elevated PowerShell Console and copy & paste the line below:

for(;;){get-activejobs -all | select-object -ExpandProperty childjobsinfo | ft summary,status,progres
    s,estimatedtimeremaining;start-sleep 5;cls}

make sure that everything is on one line (i.e. paste to notepad, remove the line breaks, copy again and paste to the Powershell Console).
    Hope that this helps.