This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replicating to Amazon S3 cloud storage?

Hello Everyone,

I have questions about utilizing my Amazon S3 cloud storage with Rapid Recovery. 

Can I replicate directly to cloud storage? I'm reading that in order to replicate you need to have another rapidrecov core installed in order to do this.

If I cannot replicate directly to S3 Storage, will the cloud storage be seen as another repository? Can I copy ALL the recovery points in my local repository to cloud? If I able to copy/clone my repository to cloud, in the event of a disaster, will I be able to reinstall RapidRecovery and then re-mount that cloud repository to begin my restore process?

Thanks for your help. 

• Hi David:

S3 is a storage medium and as such it is not appropriate for replication. Replication involves some specific actions such as rollups (data consolidation) which cannot be performed without the presence of a core. (To note that we have customers that have set up replication on Amazon EC2; please note that for a small environment volumes with only 250 iops should do which in turn bring down the costs to a reasonable level).

You can leverage S3 as archiving media and indeed, S3 archives can be attached to a local core as read-only repositories.

Hope that this helps...